Pages

7/02/2019

Butterfly set

I wanted to try a hinged card design, which is explained on the Butterfly Spot challenge blog, and it took me three views of the tutorial to figure out but I managed in the end, haha! It's not really a difficult fold at all but I'm notoriously bad at any fold besides the simple score and press. These  stitched hexagon dies are by Winnie & Walter. I added a butterfly die by Tonic Studios (Layered Butterfly set),  sentiment by Stamplorations (Trendy Butterflies) , and foliage stamps by Autumn Leaves. I cut the butterflies twice, and inlaid a different color in the wings. Then I inked the raised areas and covered it all with glitter. The stitched tag die is by Avery Elle.

Allsorts 526, Perfect Pairs. Make a card with matching tag or envie
Butterfly Spot 124, letter H. I used a Hinged card, Hexagons, heliotrope, hunter green and butterfly (of course)
SSS Wednesday challenge A/G
Tuesday Throwdown 435, A/G
Summer Cutplorations challenge. Use Stamplorations and a die

8 comments:

  1. beautiful tag and card set, Karen. the butterflies' wings look lovely with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card and tag set Karen, I love the shape of the card and lovely purples and of course the Butterflies. Thank you so much for creating such a pretty 'Perfect Pair' and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that you persevered in making the hinged card shape. Your hexagon card is lovely. Thank you for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful set, I love the color you used on the butterflies
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JULY 2019
    Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty design and colors for your card. The butterfly is the perfect added touch! So glad you shared this with us at Tuesday Throwdown's Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What???? I thought I had commented on this!! I just love this beautiful purple butterfly set. Wonderful design with the stamped foliage and inlaid diecut buterflies. Love the hex shape!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful set!!! I love the colours and how the butterflies pop out!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Papercraft Business Challenge - Come back & Play again soon!

    ReplyDelete