Pages

7/23/2019

Under the Sea

I recently won a beautiful ocean themed paper pad from the Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge and decided to use it right away for a change. The illustrations are beautiful and I love the colors and patterns. I decided to fussy cut the extra images and mount with foam tape over the original print for dimension. I then added a stamped sentiment by Altenew and some first aid gauze as a ribbon. Thanks for my blog friend, Janis, for the inspiration to use gauze from my medicine cabinet! Even managed to dig through my stash and find a little silver charm to hang from the bow. I don't often use printed toppers but these are so pretty that all I had to do was add a few of my own embellishments, layering, and a stamped sentiment. Let me tell you though, fussy cutting that seahorse and coral was really mind numbing and I'm not sure I'll do THAT again!
Moving Along with the Times, splish splash
Word Art Wednesday
DL.Art July linky
Allsorts Challenge, add a charm
Three Amigos, tropical or beach
Cardz TV 94
Crafty Hazelnut's July PP
Time Out challenge 140. I was inspired by the beach theme and pale blue tones in the photo



12 comments:

  1. Your fussy cutting was well worth it! This is a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - love the colours. thanks for joining in with our charm challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to see you already using that Seashore themed paper pad! It's so pretty. Also very impressed with your fussy cutting. I just don't get people who find fussy cutting relaxing....lol. I find it tedious, frustrating, and anxiety-producing!!! Ha. So I am very much in awe both that you actually did it...and with your beautiful results. Love the gauze as a bow, and the added charm is....just charming!! :) Truly lovely card, Karen!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really super Seahorse image Karen, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts 'Charms' challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Allsorts too, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is an amazing scene-and so very pretty too with all that gorgeous paper and such a good idea to cut out that image. I have to say how resourceful are you-using stuff from your medicine cabinet and it fits the scene to perfection. I do love seeing what you make for us at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Karen ... and so worth all that fuzzy cutting ... the sense of dimension is brilliant! Love the gauze ribbon ... puts me in mind of fishing nets ... and the charm is a delightful touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing, I love the colors. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining us over at Moving Along with the Times! - DT Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Karen on your MAWTT win, well deserved and your design is fabulous

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card I love the colors and all the dimensional cuts! Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO beautiful and the cheesecloth is the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing along at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my. This is stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete