Pages

7/30/2019

'O Christmas Tree

I love heat embossing, but for some reason I stopped using that technique for quite some time. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I pulled out my VersaMark ink pad and gold embossing powder and had a great old time. So I remembered how much fun it was and this time used a beautiful vintage collage stamp by Red Lead to make this Christmas card. The embossing folder was given to me so I have no idea who makes it. I heat embossed the image with gold powder by Stampendous and added some sparkly metallic gold and white twine by The Ribbon Resource. This came together so quickly that I may use this for my main Christmas card this year. I love the white and gold neutral color combo and the two kinds of embossing.
Mod Squad, All that Glitters. I used shiny, sparkling gold embossing powder and twine with metallic gold elements 
TCP Tuesday, Christmas
DL.Art July challenge
Power Poppy July challenge, Christmas
CHNC challenge 448
Lost Coast Designs, Christmas in July

Stamplorations Summer theme and sketch challenge

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Elegant with the gold embossing and the dry embossing of your background paper. Just lovely - thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is this. I love the look of heat embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a beautiful and elegant card. i love that you've used BOTH types of embossing it adds so much texture and interest! so pleased you could join our inspiration photo fun (again!) at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love Red Lead ... and love this in gold ... so glad you shared your inspired design with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooooo pretty, Karen!! You know how I love gold...and heat embossing....so this really catches my eye. Your simple design is perfect with the detailed stamp and lovely embossed background. The bit of sparkly twine adds warmth and texture. Gorgeous card!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete