Pages

7/22/2019

Red white and beachy!

With all of the Christmas projects I've been making over the past several days I thought I'd work on something summery for a change. I bought several Build A Scene dies sets by Xcut last year on sale, and am only now starting to use them. I have to admit that they were more difficult to use than I expected because there are no instructions. The dies involve layers upon layers, and some of my first versions had to be scrapped because my layers were not the right size. This caused gaps in the design once I tried to put them together. Finally realized that I have to build them from the back forward instead of front to back. In addition, I actually left off the top-most die layer because it would have been too large for this A2 sized card. The next time I make it, I'll try a 5x7 card base instead.

Anyway, this  one is called Seaside (naturally) and I added a stamped sentiment by Cardz TV, and a  stamped circular frame  and sailboat image by Stampin' Up. I think I'll make several of these, using different summery colors, to add to my card stash. If I really want to torture myself I can try to paper piece the scene!
Repeat Impressions dcc J319 challenge, red white and blue
Word Art Wednesday
Moving Along with the Times, splish splash
DL.Art July linky
Cardz TV 94
Kat Scrappiness July challenge, patriotic or pets
Let's Craft and Create challenge 149, patriotic or AG
Pixie's Snippets challenge 357. Believe it or not, all of these layers were cut from scraps!

5 comments:

  1. (thud) Oh, my goodness..... This is just stunning, Karen. Wow..wow..wow!!!

    I am so impressed with this. It looks deceptively simple, but I can see how those layers could be verrrrrry tricky! You have outdone yourself here with this gorgeous scene. LOVE that you chose RWB for the colors. Sensational card. This is a fave!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have never seen anything like this! Without directions, I can see how there would be a learning curve. I do think you should try paper piecing; it would look even more amazing! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT , xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining our challenge at Moving Along with the Times. Your project is wonderful, and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! – DT Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caramba! Are you into self injury or something? This is really gorgeous but looks so tough! I'll send Dudley over on the next flight to 'lend a paw'!!

    Sorry I'm late commenting - blame Dudley Dog :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete