Pages

7/08/2020

Birthday Flip-It card

I recently got a used Sizzix card die that makes a fun flip-it card, so I got busy and made a couple of birthday cards with it. I had tried making a flip-it card in the past, by measuring and following a tutorial. However, it was such a disaster. I glued patterned paper to the wrong side of the card, and stamped the sentiment on the back instead of the front, argh! It was so time consuming that I decided never to make another one. Enter this Sizzix die. I pulled out the Stamp and Cut Birthday set by Hero Arts that I've had for several years  and used paper by K&Co. The back of the circle flip-it part has a stitched circle die by MFT, and Happy Birthday sentiment by Hero Arts. I made several of these for kid's birthdays and it would be good for the young-at-heart as well, don't you think?
These were much more successful than my first attempt years back so I'm glad I gave it another try.
 Here is the inside of the card:
Pixie's Snippets challenge 381. I used lots of snippets for this card, which is one reason I chose this flip it design. Didn't have quite enough of one pattern to make a complete card, haha!

A Blog Named Hero June challenge, combine old and new. I used a new-to-me flip-it card die and old Hero Arts stamp set
Word Art Wednesday, AG with sentiment 
CHN July PP challenge

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, your flip card came out so bright and fun! Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flip card Karen - it's so cheerful, making me smile here! That die was a great buy!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete