Pages

7/05/2020

One-layer Floral Brocade

The hardest cards for me to make are one-layer designs. I'm a fairly simple card maker, but somehow the thought of making a one-layer card makes me nervous. What if I make a mistake on the card? How do I avoid it being really boring and/or bare? Argh! However, I am determined to keep challenging myself and not get stuck in a rut, so one-layer card, here I come. I used the Hero Arts Floral Brocade stamp to make this simple design. Stamped the image with Elegant Eggplant by Stampin' Up, then colored it with alcohol markers. The sentiment is also by Hero Arts and is from the Operation Write Home set. In order to add a little bit of texture on this completely flat card, I used my scoring board to emboss two straight lines right above the sentiment. You can't see it very well in my photo but it's very apparent in real life. I kept stamping it over and over again, thinking that I wasn't getting a good image, but then realized that it's got built-in texture, to represent brocade fabric..duh.

I think I might actually use this stamp to make several more of the same design, in different colors. A one-layer card is very easy to mail, after all!
 A Blog Named Hero, combine old and new stamps. The floral brocade is new and the sentiment is very old.  
Hero Arts Stay Crafty challenge 11, one layer card
Word Art Wednesday 446-447
TTCRD challenge week of June 30, AG
Double Trouble challenge, make something new


7 comments:

  1. Very nice - and yes, one layer cards can certainly be a challenge. You did a great job with this and the embossed lines are perfect to separate the sentiment from the rest of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is beautiful. I have to be honest and say I am pretty sure I would find it challenging to do a 1 layer card, I don't think I would trust my stamping enough to actually go on the card itself....

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    DT for Through The Craft Room Door

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...great color combination and like how you scored the lines above the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely stamp, and I think the embossed lines were a great way to keep it one layer but still add some texture/dimension! Great job. Thank you for entering your card at Double Trouble.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birthday card. Thank you so much for playing along at Let’s Craft and Create this month.
    Janis
    Design Team Member @ Let’s Craft and Create
    Owner & Design Team Member @ Crafting Happiness Challenges Always Anything Goes with an optional twist – COME JOIN THE FUN!
    My Blog: Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us @The Creative Crafters.We would love to see you again.

    ReplyDelete