Pages

9/25/2020

Poinsettia

I just got this beautiful die set by Amazing Grace, for Spellbinders ,  today in the mail and had to use one of the dies right away. The sentiment frame is from this set, and the poinsettia die is by Poppystamps. Pulled out some scrap gingham paper from my stash and went for a somewhat non-traditional color combo of black and white, royal and deep red.  As I only had a tiny piece of black ribbon in my ribbon drawer, I had to combine two different widths to make my tie and bow (shhhh...don't tell anyone). Snipped apart a swirl of adhesive rhinestones for the poinsettia center, and hand cut the royal blue banner flag. Even the royal blue and white card stock were scraps that barely fit my die and measurements. Love using up snippets!

 Pixie's Snippets Challenge 387

 September Rudolph Challenge

Virginia's September Show and Share  

Cardz TV challenge 124 

 CHN September PP challenge

 

5 comments:

  1. So classy and beautiful, Karen! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, Karen! I love the poinsettia, and your new die is fabulous too! Good for you for getting your Rudolph Day card done early - I just posted mine today, with only a day to spare. I need to start earlier next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snippets card Karen. Loving your new die - and uper use of lots of little snippets as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a striking colour combination! I love the gingham paper and i was hoping you’d mention what the tiny bits are in the middle of the lovely poinsettia. :) Thank you so much for sharing with the Rudolph Days Challenge. Sorry to be late in commenting but blogger won’t let me comment unless i switch to google app on my ipad.
    Linda, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card is really beautiful. That is a lovely die and looks so good with that huge poinsettia and the black and whit gingham DP.

    Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete