Pages

5/30/2021

World View

Di, of Pixie's Crafty Workshop, and I were recently discussing (by email) printed backgrounds that are a quick and easy option for cards, and I lamented that I hadn't seen any in my local stores. I have always wanted to try making a galaxy or night sky background, but never got around to it. Then, I remembered that my wall calendar last year was a Stargazing calendar, and I had kept it. We crafters tend to be hoarders, and it was a good thing because it was perfect for my card.  My daughter requested that I make a card for my granddaughter's science teacher. They've been studying the stars and planets, so I wanted to go with that theme. Fortunately, I remembered that I also had this beautiful globe die by Spellbinders, called World View, which I had never used. The continents were inked through the die and I shaded the oceans to look more dimensional. The postage stamp frame die is by Avery Elle (to continue the travel theme), and stitched stars are by Fun Stampers Journey. Now I have a whole calendar's worth of galaxy and night skies to upcycle, and that makes me happy.

 Pixie's Snippets challenge 405. I used snippets of a wall calendar, and of a financial porfolio cover that I've had for ages. Lots of snippets here.

SSS Monday challenge, frame it

 SSS Wednesday, AG

DL.Art's May Linky 

Cut It Up challenge 226, use a die with nature theme

Creative Fingers challenge 209, AG 

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the upcycling and it looks so pretty. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of snippets here! Great recycled project!
    Thanks for joining at Cut It Up Challenges!
    DT Vinita

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Karen! The calendar background is brilliant - as is the rest of your card. Just shows it's good to hoard :) Have you seen Altenew's wide Washi Tapes - Galaxy and Watercolour Nebula? I have and gulp, have them here to play with at some point. You also reminded me that I have a set of outer space stamps with matching dies as yet unused.

    Apologies for being behind with commenting.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete