Pages

1/06/2020

Penguin Wishes

I recently saw the Christmas Kickstart challenge to use a penguin, so I pulled out a stamp set by Penny Black that I've never inked up and made this. The penguin and his scarf are all a solid color so I stamped it once in black and then again in blue. Fussy cut the blue scarf and earmuffs, then added a sentiment by Momenta. I also fussy cut some snowflakes from a different sheet of patterned paper from the same DCWV stack.
I am also patting myself on the back for actually using ribbon for a change! I broke out this spool of cute ribbon by Recollections and added a little bow. The scalloped border was made with a border punch by Stampin'Up.
Penny Black Saturday January challenge, something new with PB
SSS Monday challenge, something new. The penguin stamp set by Penny Black is new, as is the ribbon.
Christmas Kickstart challenge 27, penguin parade
CWS challenge 46, use a scarf


SSS work it Wednesday, snowflakes
Creative Inspirations Jan. challenge, something new

11 comments:

  1. Adorable, and love the scarf and earmuffs layered with a different color...so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! love that you added the earmuffs and scarf! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! This penguin is perfect wearing his winter accessories. Love the plaid background. Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare #375.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart again, Karen, your card is adorable! Great way to introduce colour by stamping the solid portions of the stamp again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute design. I like the little bit of polka-dot ribbon you added. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Color My Heart Dare Blog. I hope you join us again this week for our newest challenge.
    I can't wait to see what you create! 💙☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute image and great card. I love the plaid background. Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love his earmuffs. Thanks for joining the fun at The Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness...fussy cutting those tiny earmuffs and scarf would have driven me into the Antarctic Ocean!! (Or Southern Ocean or whatever they call it now....) You did a fabulous job of keeping them intact instead of cutting them into tiny pieces (either accidentally or out of frustration!), which is what would have happened if I attempted that feat of skill and concentration!! This is such a cute image and the fussy cutting was well worth it. Super cute and the plaid background gives such a sweet cozy look to the winter blues. Yay for usig ribbon!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your penguin wishes card, it's so cute and you were able to use a new item. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete