Pages

6/14/2020

Get your Happy On

I've been pulling out stamp sets that I hadn't inked up yet and making cards with them lately. I can't believe I hadn't used these cute cactus images until now. I combined a set by Art-C and Craftsmart to stamp this background. I combined a sentiment by CAS-ual Friday stamps, which I heat embossed on a strip of black card stock. All it needed was some bakers twine and a little inking around the edges.

I've found that I needed more flat cards that are easy to mail, and this design fit the bill perfectly.
Lost Coast Designs challenge 100, celebrate
Time Out challenge 163, proust quote. I was inspired by the reference to gardeners. Time Out Challenge 163, Proust quote reference to gardeners and blooms. My grandmother had a huge cactus garden while I was growing up.

Cardz TV challenge 116 
Penny Black and More June challenge, favorite stamp. The sentiment stamp by CAS-ual Fridays, and all the cute cactus stamps are new favorites! 
Word Art Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. I live in the desert in Southern California so this little cactus card really called to me. Love the clean and simple design and the two colors. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation and unusual to see cactus stamps. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps are so cute and love how you used them in the pale blue and added the pretty twine. Always love to see a sentiment popped up like this. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the cactus theme and the addition of the twine. Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great in the tone on tone colours, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Favourite Stamps' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Karen! Your stamped cacti are so cute! Love the colour you chose! Nice use of twine! Good for you for using up your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cool card. Especially like the one with the face. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete