Pages

6/11/2020

Just for You

As part of my craft room cleaning and reorganization, I have found a number of embellishments that I made years ago, as part of a scrapbooking swap. I made a number of layered squares that can be decorated any way you wish. These happen to be embellished with punched flowers, with eyelet centers. I had SO many of these...yikes! I gave some of the punched flowers to my daughter to use and still had a ton left over. So, I dug deep into my stash of paper scraps and used bits of patterned paper that coordinated with thes squares. Apparently, mint green was popular way back when I made these, and fortunately, I had some paper scraps from the same era. I used a round sentiment stamp by Studio G, and threaded some thin white twine through the eyelets.

I made a series of cards with these flower squares and just changed the papers and sentiments. I still have some left over, but I may actually just go ahead and toss them because the eyelet centers are really strange colors (like orange...what was I thinking?).
Creative Fingers challenge 187 
Time Out Challenge 163, Proust quote. I was inspired by the garden and flower reference
Let's Craft and Create challenge 160, use punches
CHN May PP challenge
Cardz TV challenge 116
Word Art Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that green grass-paper behind the flowers! A beautiful card with original colourcombination! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the background. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Let's Craft and Create and look forward seeing your next card with us soon. Nancy Hills, Design Team Member for Let's Craft and Create

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, to be inspired by bits you find in your craft room. This is a lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete