Pages

8/07/2020

Adorable

My niece just had her second baby, a little girl, and so I got busy making her a card. I pulled out a very, very old paper pad by Debbie Mumm that a friend of mine gave to me when my 9 year old granddaughter was born. The pad had some funny, whimsical animal images, but I only had a partial image left over, so  I framed it, with a  square die set that hid the skewed edges. Digging through my scrap heap uncovered some patterns that coordinated with the image fairly well.  I heat embossed the sentiment and added seam binding ribbon, some twine and a tiny safety pin that I colored with alcohol marker.  That safety pin is at least 10 years old so it was nice to use it. Now I only have 14 more pins left!
Snippets Challenge 383. I dug deep into my snippets stash to put this card together
Let's Craft and Create challenge 162, lots of layers 
Creative Fingers challenge 191, AG
TTCRD challenge 202, AG

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Karen - and I do love the added safety pin. Clever idea to colour it. It's ages since I used ribbon on a card as you've done - at one time all my cards had ribbon down the spine!Must do it again as it does lift a card to another dimension.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for playing along in the creative fingers challenge, congrats to your niece on her baby. Your project is so lovely. Penny (DT)

    ReplyDelete