Pages

2/07/2021

Butterfly Wishes

 As spring peeks around the corner, I've found myself dusting off my butterfly stamps and dies. I used an old wood mounted stamp by Rubber Stampede, which I colored with markers and fussy cut. The embossing folder (script words) by Cuttlebug. The scalloped circle border die is by Sizzix, and the stencil is Elizabeth Craft Designs. I also used a leafy die by Sizzix and colored it with alcohol markers to match the green shade in my butterfly. I didn't want the stenciled background to compete with the central butterfly so went with almost a tone-on-tone ink color. A bit of twine seemed perfect for this touch of nature. Lots of snippets from my stash made me happy as well! 

Pixie's Snippets Challenge 395. In memory of sweet Ruby's first snippets challenge, I dug deep in my stash and made this card to celebrate new beginnings.

 Butterfly Spot challenge 151. I used the elements of hemp, hansa yellow, and orange. Of course, I included my butterfly as well!

CHN February PP challenge 

We Love Chocolate Baroque Feb challenge, butterflies, flowers or birds

Cardz TV challenge 133
DL.ARt February LInky 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope Spring is around the corner Karen, it's been a long winter for most of us.

    A pretty Butterfly creation, perfect for our new theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colours and a lovely background and really great colouring of the butterfly. Thank you for joining our 'Flowers, butterflies and Birds' challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty creation, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so pretty Karen I love the colors you used on the butterfly
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART February 2021 Linky challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty and I love the colours of your butterfly. Thankyou for coming and spinig the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo pretty, I love how you pulled all you elements and colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Karen! Wonderful design and colours - really soft beautifully made. Been thinking of you - after a break we're back on track trimming Dudley - it's very slow going but today was the best day as we're finally mastering the clippers! Dudley is a little angel and so well behaved - thankfully! Huge thaks again for all you advice.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete