Pages

2/25/2021

Inspire

 I love using up snippets from my enormous stash of scraps, and this card gave me the chance to use a number of different card stock colors. I also used a pretty butterfly embossing die (by Darice) given to me by my blog friend Janis, as the focal point. The circle die is by Sizzix and the floral half circle and sentiments are both by Spellbinders. I die cut extra flowers and adhered them to the greenery and even used a few rhinestones from my huge stash of bling.  Although gluing down the foliage was rather a pain, I think I'll make another one of these to keep on hand for springtime notes. 

In addition, this card has been entered in the 3rd annual "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome hop and challenge. I discovered this hop last year and was happy to see that Lori is hosting again. Although I was already familiar with Turner Syndrome, I learned a lot through the hop.  According to information on the main page,

"Turner Syndrome is a genetic disorder where a female is born missing all or part of her second X chromosome leaving her with life-long medical issues and learning disabilities. This condition occurs one in 2,000 female births worldwide, but is more common among pregnancies that do not survive to full term. That is why Turner Syndrome Females are considered MIRACLES!"

 

Pixie's Snippets challenge 397. I used lots of little snippets from my scrap stash...but it didn't even make a dent!

It's A Girl Thing challege. I used the mood board as inspiration 

Unstampabelles Feb. challenge, AG with no stamping 

DL.Art February Linky 

Creative Fingers challenge 202, AG


 

 

8 comments:

  1. What a great use of your snippets. This is very pretty. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us for the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop and Challenge! I love your pink butterfly against the sky blue background! Thank you for helping to spread awareness of Turner Syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen! Thanks so much for helping spread the word about Turner Syndrome. We sure appreciate your support. Stay safe & healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE using stash! Well done. A great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Unstampabelles and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, Thank you for helping to raise awareness of Turner Syndrome and supporting the TSA Challenge. Your card is first-class. Stay safe and Happy crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use your scraps. I love to use mine too. Sometimes when I don't have much inspiration I take a look at my magic box and create something new. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing it on UnstampaBelles too. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Karen - and brilliant use of lots of pretty coloured snippets as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete