Pages

2/23/2021

Fluttering By

 I was recently asked to make and donate several cheery cards to a local nursing home, and it was my opportunity to dig into my stash of those patterned papers that I wouldn't normally use. You know the type...the ones with patterns that your grandma used to have as wallpaper in the guest bedroom. Of course, my own grandchildren probably consider my own taste way out of date, but that's a story for them to tell! 

In an attempt to tone down this floral pattern, I used some plain vellum and attached it with eyelets (remember eyelets?) A label die and foliage by Spellbinders, butterfly die by Firefly, and a sentiment by My Sentiments Exactly all came together to make this. Then, just to continue the old fashioned theme, I added some adhesive pearls.  I made a batch of six of these, in different colors, and I hope this puts a smile on the recipients' faces.

Double Trouble Challenge 77. I did Things 1 (layers), Thing 2( pearls or lace), and Thing 3 (enter at Crafter's Cafe)

DL.Art's February linky

CHN Feb. PP challenge

Crafter's Cafe, use lace or pearls 

PIP challenge #2108, AG

 

4 comments:

  1. Karen, the perfect use of those patterns we might no longer typically include in our cards... just perfect for the nursing home, though! Love your use of the vellum for layering! Thank you so much for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "layer it on" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love how you used the design paper on both layers and the panel covered with vellum, great idea. The 2-layered butterfly with the textured layer is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and The Crafters' Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, Karen! Very clever idea to add the vellum and use eyelets, too. (I have a ton of them.) I make cards for my 93-year old aunt and I know she would love this. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #77.

    ReplyDelete