Pages

2/13/2020

Birthday Flowers

For some reason I have a lot of trouble using card sketches, because I'm the type of stamper that keeps moving things around on the card base until it looks right. I may start out with an idea of what I want, but it never ends up that way. So, I've decided to challenge myself by using sketches more often. This sketch is from the Tuesday Sketch challenge, and I combined it with the MFT Color challenge, which uses raspberry, lime, coral and pale yellow. My photo makes the coral appear more orange than coral, but I actually used Cameo Coral ink by Stampin' Up..so it's a true coral.
It was fun using these bright, tropical colors on such a cold, dreary day.
The sentiment is by MFT and the embossing folder is by Darice. I also used scroll stamps from a very old Fiskars stamp set and circle dies by Sizzix. 
MFT Color challenge 135, use raspberry, coral, lime and pale lemon
CWS challenge 47, use red
Double-Trouble challenge 49. I used Thing 1: repeat something two or more times

Creative Fingers 179, AG
Die Cut Divas Feb. challenge, dies with hearts and flowers
Let's Craft and Create 156, AG
Cardz TV 108
MFT Birthday Project, make a birthday card and add hearts 
Craft Stamper Feb. Challenge, AG

13 comments:

  1. A pretty bright and happy Valentines creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in our 'Add a Heart' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Lovely papers and embossing. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done Karen. Love the embossing!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge where it's all about hearts!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your focal point and pretty bright colors and it really pops against the embossed white background...beautiful card. I know what you mean about sketches, I used to be the same way; but now I look for sketches, and then colors and themes which allows many choices of challenges. This is why I started our challenge at Double Trouble. Great job on your sketch interpretation. Thanks Crazy Cousin for sharing this with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Pretty colors!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, love the dry embossed background. Thanks for joining us this February at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious spring/summer card, Karen! I love that embossed background and the wonderful colors you selected. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #49. (I depend on sketches for inspiration but color challenges stop me dead in my tracks. I purposely make myself do color challenges, often using a sketch.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad you decided to challenge yourself with our sketch this week this turned out fabulous. I love the textured background in the crisp cheerful colors. Thank you so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about a card starting out one way and ending up another. This is such a bright spring-time card that is perfect for bringing one out of the winter doldrums. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our February Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative With Stamps.
    Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright colors! Great card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete