Pages

10/26/2020

A Mama Cat's Work is Never Done

 I had several vintage cat images in my stash, and decided to turn this one into a card. I love the expression on Mama Cat's face. Can't figure out if she's thinking, "When will this day ever end", or " I just finished cleaning, and now they're at it again". Either way, it was time for me to use whip this up for the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop on the Her Peaceful Garden blog. We don't have any cats anymore, but I'm a cat lover from way back (even had cat jewelry and made TWO cat vests for myself...haha!) Now I am content with making cat themed cards and watching funny cat videos on Youtube. I used paper from my stash, a scalloped rectangle die by Winnie and Walter (no longer in business, sad to say), scalloped circle die by Die-sire, seam binding ribbon, and even forced myself to use a paper flower. The little brad in the flower center has glitter on it, and so I was hoarding it (as crafters will do).  My new resolution though, is to USE IT UP...so there it is on this card.

 Don't forget to leave a comment on each one of my projects to be in the running for my Cat Lovers prize giveaway.  Thanks for joining in!

2020 Cat Lovers Hop, make a cat themed project

CHN october PP challenge

SYUP challenge 59, AG with cats 

Cardz TV challenge 126

SSS Wednesday, Layer it Up 

24 comments:

  1. A lovely vintage image on your beautiful card, Karen! That's the look on my face when I find crumbs on the floor as soon as I've finished vacuuming! Lovely to see you again at the Cat Lovers Blog Hop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This card is just so gorgeous! I love the vintage style of it big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be back to say hi again and see what you are up to! I absolutely get the 'use it up again'! Mother Kitty looks like she is 'sighing' and will be relieved to see her little lovelies in bed asleep! Gorgeous card! Happy Hopping with Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! Love this vintage image you have used. I love all things vintage. And yay for using a brad (I have a whole drawer full!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I can't get my blog working at the moment, I'm taking a break to pop in and say HI! She looks about as aggravated as I feel right now. Ha! Love the frame=up in soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely vintage style card. I keep resolving to "use stuff up" too but however much I use I seem to end up with more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love vintage images and your card is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super image. Love the soft sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous vintage card, Karen, and I love the feminine color combo you chose. Great post title. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those kittens look like they are up to something, poor Mama cat! Love this card and the soft colors you used.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely vintage card, you have done so well using this image! Those kittens make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your cat design! So happy to participate in the Cat Lovers Hop with you this year!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen! I love this awesome vintage kitty card! That's a really great idea and it looks great!
    Warm Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cat dolls are adorable, love the vintage look to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love the cats and your layout! And I completely can empathize! I will hoard for "just the right occasion". Use it! I am going to try to do that more too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful vintage image! It made a beautiful card! It reminds me of our "mama cat" that got in the garage this summer and had five kittens. We had a fun summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card! Love the image with the kitties, and the colors you used are so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Karen! I finally made it here! Love your gorgeous vintage cat topper! I do adore pink! Gorgeous card, my friend! Happy Hopping! I am so behind but determined to visit each stop on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. FURRtastic vintage kitty cat make!
    Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. ADORABLE!! Love that image. Kittens haven't changed much, have they? lol...
    What a fun sentiment to use for this card. Hooray for Using It Up!!!
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and for participating in the #2020CatLoversHop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your creation! It looks amazing. THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is beautiful. I like the framing.

    ReplyDelete