Pages

3/12/2021

Long Life

I have an uncle who is turning 92 next month, and I had to pull out this old stamp image by Mark's Finest Papers to make him a card. The Long Life sentiment is an even older, wood mounted stamp by an unknown company. I used the Tim Holtz wood design embossing folder and inked and distressed all edges. I actually planned to use papers from a Graphic 45 collection called Safari, but couldn't get to my papers in the closet because we've stacked up boxes in front of in preparation for having new flooring put in. Then I remembered this stamp!

Double D challenge, book covers. I was inspired by the book cover, A Tiger in the Garden. Love the idea of this little girl befriending a tiger in her garden.
 

Ike's World challenge 142, AG
SUYP challenge 164. I went with a tiger this time, instead of a house cat...roar!!

DL.Art March linky 

We Love Chocolate Baroque March challenge. I love using embossing folders with my stamps for extra texture 

Cardz TV challenge 136 

As you Like It challenge. My favorite way to cut an image is fussy cutting. I can get a more exact trim and don't need matching dies


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect card for your elderly Uncle Karen, many thanks for sharing a crafty 'Love...' with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS card and great take on our mood board Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Book Covers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an awesome tiger stamp this is, fabulous card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super image, feels like he is looking straight at me. Lovely design and colours. Thank you for joining our 'I Love........' challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the tiger!!! Wonderful coloring! The wood grain background is the perfect match for it! Such a gorgeous card; I bet your uncle will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make for your Uncle and what a fabulous image - many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, lovely coloring! I bet your uncle will love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. A great card. Thank you for entering a Big cat :-D
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete