Pages

6/17/2021

Anniversary Wishes

 I decided to combine a few pre-made embellishments with a stamped sentiment and twine to make this anniversary card for a neighbor of mine. Silly me thought it was be quick and easy since I began with a few pre-made bits, but in reality it probably took twice as long as if I had made it from scratch! The adhesive that held the champagne bottle together had yellowed over time, so (being a glutton for punishment) I took it all apart, traced and cut, layered and glued it back together. Same with the heart, which I traced and cut from another piece of paper. Half the sequins fell off, so I set to work gluing on more sequins, and then they fell off again, hah! I added extra purple vellum to the bottle neck to cover the yellowing that I couldn't get rid of, then die cut tiny butterflies by Winnie & Walter.  The sentiment is by Stampin' Up and green card base is actually an upcycled medical brochure that I got from my doctor.  

Allsorts challenge 628, butterflies and bugs

Butterfly Spot challenge 158. I used the element of Pairs (two butterflies), and the colors of periwinkle, plum and peach.

DL. Art's June linky 

Word Art Wednesday 495-496

Double Trouble challenge 86. I used Thing 1, 2 and 3 

If You Give A Crafter a Cookie challenge 157

7 comments:

  1. Love your distribution of colors and how you refurbished some of your yellowed stash used the purple as a coverup. Very pretty and worth the refurbishing for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and If You Give a Crafter a Cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Anniversary creation, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the recycling, you've made it much prettier than I am sure it was! A great card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, so glad I'm not the only one that spots a brochure or packaging piece and stashes it away for a future project! Fun how you used the metal spiral to represent bubbles and fizziness in your champagne bottle! Thank you for joining us for our "anniversary" challenge at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I love the wire!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, Karen! Good for you for using stuff from your stash and then giving it a face lift to create this special card. I like that you recycled the brochure, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble No. 86.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With so many things going wrong it just gets to you in the end and you have to see it through. Your resulting card is lovely and no one would be the wiser. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete