Pages

6/16/2021

Great Teacher

 My daughter put in a request for a teacher thank you card for my granddaughter to give to her first grade teacher next month. They've been doing distance learning since last March, and her teacher this year is young, energetic and wonderful. The classroom motif is a cactus, so daughter wanted something modern, fun, colorful...with a cactus. Yikes, I felt intimidated, and put it off for several weeks. However, I pulled out a set of fun cactus stamps and dies by ArtC that I won in a giveaway by Holley, of Holley's blog: http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/  and combined it with a stenciled background by Faber Castell. The tag die is by Papertrey Ink, which was given to me by the lovely Darnell of djkardkreations:  https://www.djkardkreations.com/

This was the first time I used Distress Oxides with a stencil. and I like the subtle look of it. The stamped sentiment is by Gina K Designs. By the way, making tags, and stamping and fussy cutting are great ways to use those little snippets of scraps in your stash. Just stamp, cut, and layer away!

 Pixie's Snippets challenge 405. Snippets are great to stamp and cut...and layer away on tags!

Word Art Wednesday

Stamplorations June stencil challenge

Creative Fingers 210
DL.Art's June linky 

 We Love Chocolate Baroque, hand colored and stamped

 

6 comments:

  1. Love the stencil work on this card. Teachers always appreciate cards (I know because I have a box of them from parents and students that I will never give up). Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is just perfect Karen! I love how personal you made it as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect card for your Granddaughters teacher and with one of my own Granddaughters being a young teacher I know it will mean a lot to her. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our June challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge with your entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and great card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque June Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh what a sweet daughter asking a card for her teacher. This is great card for teacher for sure! Thank you for playing along with our STAMPlorations June Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete