Pages

11/28/2020

Christmas Parade

 I recently got this fun die by Spellbinders and just had to make several cards for my card stash. The sentiment is by Avocado Arts, and the papers are by DCWV. I cut strips and borders from some of the papers in the stack and adhered them to ground the die cut.The snowflake die is by Spellbinders as well, and the sentiment is from my stash. I'm working with the same DCWV paper stack (a very, very old stack at that) so this week's cards all seem to be blue! 

My card stack doesn't seem to be increasing at the rate it should, so I'm determined to make myself work on holiday cards for the next several weeks. Now that Thanksgiving is past, I can truly get into the Christmas mood as I shop online and surround myself with snippets of paper and glue.

  November Rudolph Days challenge

Double D Challenge, winter blues 


 CHN November PP challenge

ABC Christmas, W is for winter wonderland 

Creative Inspirations, Winter Wonderland 

CHNC challenge 518 

SSS Wednesday challenge, AG 

Christmas Kickstart challenge 43, Twas the Night before Christmas. In my house, my kids were anything except quiet as mice. The excitement was evident, and this parade sums up the atmosphere perfectly! 


        Because my daughter and her family are completely social distancing from friends and other family members through this COVID year, we were able to have them over for Thanksgiving. They are the only ones we've seen since March, when our state went on COVID shut down. The granddaughters have distance learning online, and my son-in-law is able to work from home. I look forward to things improving next year and being able to see my family again. For now though, we are being safe.

Some of you know that my two granddaughters, Remi and Blair, love to make cards and all manner of crafts. They've participated in the Cat Lovers Hop each year, and love to borrow my craft supplies whenever I'm feeling generous. Here are our three generations of crafters on Thanksgiving Day! I hope you and yours are staying healthy, and that we can all hang in there until life returns to normal again.


 


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family, Karen! Thanks for sharing your photo - it's so nice to put a face to a name. Your Rudolph Day card is gorgeous! I love the dies you used! Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 3 Generation photos ... glad you were able to gather together. We had to cancel our gathering since my daughter tested positive for Covid (luckily a relatively mild case but she's still trying to bounce back). Your card is awesome ... LOVE that silhouette die! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the dies. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so delightful and fun, Karen! It's so great to see your beautiful smile and see that you have passed your smile on to your daughter and your granddaughters - as well as giving them the crafting gene! Thank you for sharing the pretty photo! I'm so glad they are keeping safe so that you can still see them - and touch them! We've only seen the kids a few times and still need to socially distance because they are not as careful as we would like. We are staying strong, though, and feeling blessed that promising vaccines are so close already when normally they take many, many years! If only everyone took it seriously. Have fun making your cards and enjoy a wonderful Christmas!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very joyful Christmas card Karen. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, your colour combo is beautiful - as are your family! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and a beautiful family! So glad you got to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Liz(guest elf) xx

    ReplyDelete