Pages

8/28/2021

Celebrate like A Flamingo!

I need to make a card for someone who lives in Florida and likes flamingos, so it was the perfect time to pull out this flamingo die, which I hadn't used yet. The flamingo die is by Recollections, the little sailboat die is by Simon Says Stamps, and the clouds are by Spellbinders. I used a sentiment by Cardz TV. My favorite part of this card though, are the snippets of blue card stock that I glued to a scrap cardstock piece, and then cut to fit the card front. I also tore a piece of scrap tan paper and inked the edges to resemble sand. Now of course, flamingos don't live out by the ocean, or at least I don't think any do..but what do I know? So we can pretend that this is just a really, really large lagoon.

Pixie's Snippets challenge 410. I used nothing but snippets for this card, except for the card base. The glossy orange colored paper for the sailboat and sentiment mat are from a cereal box.
 

D.L. Art's august linky 

SSS Wednesday challenge, AG 

 As You Like It, Favorite wild animal and why. I like flamingos, after I found out that they are not naturally pink or coral, but get their color from the shrimp that they eat.

Cardz TV challenge 148 

  

4 comments:

  1. I love the flamingo.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART August 2021 Linky challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun card and love all your die cuts and your beautiful Flamingo..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from the Snippets Playground to say what a lovely card this is. I love how you created the background from your blue snippets, with the extra piece of "sand" too.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER card Karen! And a bit of poetic licence is always fine. Love how you created the background scene as well! AND, your package is here and opened - I'll email you asap. If I could bear to jig about I'd be doing a happy dance!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete