Pages

8/11/2021

Get Well Soon, Chickie!

 I needed to make a get well card for a friend, and finally used my adorable little Lawn Fawn stamp set to make this. I also used the Lawn Fawnatics sketch as inspiration. Since I don't have a rainbow die, I got creative with my nested oval dies by Sizzix and stacked colored ovals on top of each other...and then cut them in half. Now I have two rainbows. I did find that my smallest oval die wouldn't cut through the stack of card stock ovals after they were glued, so had to pry them apart and cut ovals in the center of each one. Just a tip, in case you make your own rainbows as well. 

I was also able to use some strips of card stock for the diagonal element, as well as for the tiny images and sentiment. What a fun way to use snippets all in one card!

Snippets Challenge 409. The only thing on this card that isn't a snippet is the card base. Making rainbows from scraps just makes me happy.
 Word Art Wednesday 503-504  

Lawn Fawnatics challenge 106. I was inspired by the sketch

D.L. Art's August linky
Stay Crafty with Hero challenge 26, rainbows


  Ally's Angels challenge 49, AG

4 comments:

  1. Awesome take on our sketch challenge!! I love your Get well design with that beautiful rainbow! ! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous Karen! You really rocked this card - there are some die sets out now that are really similarly oval - you clever little sausage to make your own rainbow!

    Hugs

    Di xx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ingenuity on making the rainbow. Cute card. Congrats on being showcased at the Snippets Playground x

    ReplyDelete