Pages

8/24/2021

Twofer Challenge #41

I've enjoyed seeing Darnell's monthly Twofer card shares over the years and always marveled at the way the same stamp or die could be used on two very different designs, for two different occasions. This was my opportunity to pull out a NBUS (Never Before used Stuff) die by Simon Says Stamps, as the theme this challenge is Cats/Dogs. I chose a dog, because we had a corgi when I was growing up. Ours was a Cardigan Corgi, which is the one with a tail, but this little Pembroke Corgi will do just as nicely.

My first version is a birthday card for my sister, who is a dog lover, and who is the one who brought out little Corgi home so many years ago. The embossing folder is called birthday ribbons but I forget who makes it. The sentiment and birthday hat (which is actually a little bunting flag that I cut down to size) are by Dare2BArtzy. 

The second card is an Autumn Blessings/Thanksgiving card that uses paper by DCWV from their Harvest collection. The pumpkins were stamped with the Nuts About You stamp set by Honeybee Stamps. This is the same Simon Says Stamp corgi die .


  Thank you to Darnell for a wonderful run and a fun challenge. I may even be inspired to make a Twofer each time I pull out a NBUS supply in the future!

Twofer Challenge #41, Dog/Cat

 NBUS challenge 29

3 comments:

  1. That Corgi die is absolutely ADORABLE and both your birthday and Autumn Blessings cards are just delightful Karen! Your embossed background sets that celebratory mood along with the birthday hat perfectly for your birthday card (your sister will love it!!), and the pumpkins and earth-tones make your Autumn card totally shine! Cute, CUTE cards Karen, and thanks so much for sharing with us for our final challenge here at The Twofer Challenge! Hugs, Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've learned something new: I didn't know there were two kinds of Corgis depending on whether they keep their tails. I do know the Queen has always had Corgis so your family was right up there with royalty, Karen! This little Corgi die is so well made and it looks as cute as can be on both your pretty designs! I love the clever way you cut down the bunting to make him a festive birthday hat! Thank you for playing in our final Twofer Card Challenge and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic dog Twofer, Karen. I like dogs but on the distance. :-) Your Corgi is super nice by wishing a happy birthday and by the autumn walk between pumpkins. Great idea and great design on both of your cards. Thank you for joining us at the final TCC. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete