Pages

1/20/2022

All You Need Is Love

I don't make many anniversary cards but when I do make them, I find it hard to come up with a design that works. My family isn't one for hearts and flowers so I try to choose either humorous or nature inspired designs for them. January is my son and his wife's anniversary, and they went to a Mexican resort for their honeymoon, four years ago. They liked it so much, that they went again last year. A tropical design seemed perfect for their card, and I used a stencil by Faber-Castell, along with an image by Janie's Originals that I colored and fussy cut . The sentiment is by Close to My Heart, and the yellow border along the bottom was masked and sponged. I try to keep a stash of stenciled and inked backgrounds on hand so I can just grab one and craft as the mood hits. Glad I did this time, because I didn't feel like pulling out all the inks and getting messy! 

SSS Monday, Insects and Birds

DL.Art's January linky

MFT Sketch challenge 577 

We Love Stamping, AG with option of Wings
Word Art Wednesday week 527-528   

4 comments:

  1. Gosh the colours on the parrots and your stencil blended background are fabulous. What a wonderful anniversary card well done and thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping, good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, love the colours and image is just perfect for an anniversary card. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully colored image! Love your pretty stenciled background, too. What a wonderful thing to have in your stash to pull out when you need one! The colors are very tropical...perfect for this occasion. Happy anniversary to your son and wife! My goodness has it been four years??? Sheesh...where does the time go?
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like the perfect card for your Son and DIL and also perfect for our theme at We Love Stamping this month, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete