Pages

1/19/2022

Winter Dragonfly

My blog friend Janis recently called my attention to a new challenge that features dragonflies, and I had to go check it out. I have quite a few papers with dragonflies, as well as one or two paper punches, and various stamps. The theme of Winter with dragonflies stamped me at first, because I don't associate dragonflies with winter at all. However, I pushed on ahead and finally came up with this. I used a slimline holly die by Creative Expressions, along with a snowflake background stamp by Hero Arts. The pretty vellum dragonflies were from a vellum booklet that I've had for years and years and the sentiment is by Taylored Expressions.  Those icy blue colors were just perfect for the theme, don't you think?

Paper Dragonfly Challenge #1, winter dragonflies

Word Art Wednesday week 527-528    

Double D Challenges, blue and white winter

DL.Art's January linky
Papercraft Challenge 78, winter wonderland

Four Seasons challenge, winter 

Colorful Options January challenge, shades of blue
 

 Ally's Angels challenge 54, AG

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty winter card! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons and Double D, it fits our challenge at Colorful Options as well!
    Diane FS DT and DD DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Double D}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen this is just awesome! Beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge and Double D! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful in blue and white! I love those vellum dragonflies with the snowflake background. Wonderful slim-line die with the windows framed with holly. Wow...pretty! Great card for the winter dragonfly theme. Thank you for helping me support this new challenge!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 💙💙💙 this! The dragonflies are precious. Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options Challenge. Hope to see you in the future. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again! I'm so glad you've come to share in our fun at Colorful Options! Good Luck and hope to see you each month for a new color challenge.
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous slimline card...thanks for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooo I love this so much, you rose to my Winter Dragonfly Challenge beautifully! Thank you so much for playing and supporting Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges!
    Have a wonderful crafty day!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, Karen, you really capture the winter feel using snowflakes with the dragonflies! Wonderful embossing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful vignettes on this beautiful slimline card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Blue and White winter challenge at Double D Challenge Blog.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen:
    I hope you know how very grateful I am for all the wonderful art you share in our challenges. It's always a blessing and encouragement to me, and I really hope you know that I appreciate you. Have a wonderfully blessed and creative week and may God bless and keep you.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable card, lovely design. Many thanks for joining us at Papercraft.
    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete