Pages

1/17/2022

Fix It Birthday

 My son in law is very handy and my granddaughters think he can fix anything. So, when it came time to make his birthday card, I grabbed this fun tool kit die set that I got awhile back, and made this. The embossing folder is by Darice, and I used upcycled food packaging for the tool die cuts.  I had to dig deep into my cupboards to find just the right shade of deep orange, which meant that my husband will have to guess at the contents of several packages. I found the sentiment online and printed it out on computer. It took some patience to layer the little tools, and to adhere that miniature nail, but my son in law loved this.

Pixie's Snippets challenge 419. I used LOTS of snippets for this card, including recycled packaging.

DL.Art's January linky

Cut It Up challenge 243, AG with a die
Creative Crafting Uncles challenge #25 , birthday 

Ally's Angels challenge 54, AG


7 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, Karen....and so fun!
    I am so impressed with your construction skills at getting all those little die cuts put together. The tools are amazingly realistic! The orange color is perfect....and you couldn't have used a more perfect emb folder for the background. Everything looks so very industrial!
    I had to laugh at your hubby having to guess at the contents of some of the food in the cupboard. All for the sake of art!! :)
    Good think our hubbies are good sports...most of the time, at least!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just great and I love that you used packaging for your materials. People always love custom-made cards! Shows you care!

    Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - this is brilliant for the handyman in your life! You have lots of patience for those little fiddly die-cut bits! Congrats!

    Thanks for dropping by the Playground Treehouse and trying one of my new cocktails in the lovely comfy chairs Di has supplied!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowser Karen - this really is absolutely fabulous! Wonderful detailing and I bet your SIL was very impressed! Great card!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, there are those guys who can fix anything and this is the perfect card! Wow, lots of little pieces; great job placing them all! So happy you shared with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous masculine birthday card. Your toolbox is amazing!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete