Pages

9/20/2019

Painted Birthday

One technique that I like to use with embossing folders is adding ink and/or paint to the folder before running a sheet of card stock through it. I often forget to use this technique, so decided to pull out some ink and paint today and give it a try. The fun with this technique is that you never know how it's going to turn out, so it can be hit or miss. Nevertheless, I will go ahead and use it as either a base, or as tags or die cuts. This one uses both ink and acrylic paints. I used an embossing folder (Petal Lace) and sentiment stamp set by Brutus Monroe, and label dies by Spellbinders.
SSS Stamptember Brutus Monroe collaboration
DL.Art September linky
Stamplorations Summer theme and sketch, AG with stamping
Repeat Impressions challenge S1119, tic tac toe. I used the row, embossing, twine and purple or blue
SSS Work It Wednesday, Celebrate
Aud Sentiments 236, AG with a sentiment


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I don't think I have ever tried this technique--I just might have to do so! Love the shape of the label dies you used, too. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy playing around with the inked embossing folder technique as well -- such a lovely card for Repeat Impressions Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love that technique and I should do it more often because it always makes such a beautiful backgrounds. I don't think I have ever used acrylic paints with my EFs, though...always just ink. I need to try that!!
    LOVE this wonderful card, Karen. The colors are so pretty. I really like the festive scripty font of the sentiment and the splash of enamel dots...or are they Nuvos? Everything is perfect. This is a fave!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete