Pages

9/11/2019

Thankful and Grateful

I've had the Wreath Building stencil, and Autumn Wreath-Building stamp set by Gina K for months, but this was the first time I actually took it out of the package and used it. I had to watch a video or two to figure out how to use the elements and stencil but once I got the hang of it I can see that this is going to be a favorite card-making technique. When I first made this wreath, I really hated it...ugh. I didn't like the way the colors came out, and all the foilage just looked messy. Since giving up this easily isn't in my nature, I added the stamped decorative circle and die cut it to cover most of the messiness. Then I added a little additional stamping on the wreath part..added the sentiment and some jute twine, and it was much better. I found a paper pad that my blog friend, Janis (or Her Peaceful Garden) sent to me two or three years ago, and realized that the colors coordinated perfectly! So...that became the card base and this is what happened! Added a tiny acorn because it was a little bit bare, and then added some rhinestones too.
SSS Stamptember Collaboration with Gina K. Make something with Gina K products
Crafty Hazelnut's Sept PP challenge
DL.Art September linky
SSS Monday challenge, stamping
Double Trouble challenge 37, I did Thing 1 (use leaves or a tree) and fall
Craft Stamper September challenge, AG with stamping
Word Art Wednesday
TCP Tuesday 361, use layers
Love to Scrap challenge Sept challenge, AG with stamping
SSS Wednesday challenge, Bling
Lost Coast Designs challenge 83, based on a song. I based this on the song, "California Dreaming" with the lyrics, "all the leaves are brown..and the sky is gray"
Let's Craft and Create challenge 151, extra layers
Stamplorations Summer theme and sketch

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely - so perfectly balanced and coordinated with the colors and elements you have used. And love the juxtaposition of the rough twine with the touch of bling. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and the wreath is so lovely and perfectly autumn. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The end result is gorgeous! I’m still not sure about my wreath builder stencil either but this is fabulous. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. You have inspired me to pull mine out again. Dorlene DT LTSCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card with great paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours and composition. Great card, Thanks for joining lets craft and create. Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, love the autumnal shades. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I saw you post this several weeks ago (to my shame I am just now getting over here to comment!!) I grabbed my identical pad of autumn colored paper. I haven't done anything with it yet, but it IS on my craft desk heap of stuff to use!! Ha. So nice to see you using this paper. I realize the patterns in that pad are a bit funky, but it certainly is perfect with this TOTALLY AWESOME wreath you made!! WOW!! That is just beautiful. Another fave!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Let’s Craft and Create Challenge, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete