Pages

3/11/2020

Big City Noise

I pulled out another old stamp set by Mark's Finest Papers, called Big City, and made this ATC. I used a grid patterned paper for my base, and stamped the City background twice. I then stamped the buildings and heat embossed them.This ATC has gone through several different design changes because I just wasn't happy with the first and second versions. I wanted to give trhe impression of a noisy city, but the grid and stamped background just felt messy to me. I first masked and stamped the yellow moon like this:
The sentiments in the background were still so distracting that I decided to deepen the sky to make the words stand out less. Then I covered the masked moon with a die-cut and ink blended version. This grab-bag sentiment by VivaLasVegastamps was the perfect finishing touch. Much better, I think. Almost threw this one out but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Lost Coast Designs challenge 94, ATC
DL.ARt March linky
CHN March PP challenge

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That sentiment is hilarious!! Thanks for joining in our ATC Challenge at LCD/CV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get the busy city feeling from your ATC. That's a great stamp and love your background and sentiment. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ATC. I like them both, although the fun sentiment is fab. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete