Pages

4/13/2020

Celebrate in Style

My sister and I were married a week apart, 40 years ago, and so I always make her an anniversary card to celebrate. In addition, my daughter was married on the same day as my sister (though many years later!), so I have three anniversary cards to make every April. Given that I procrastinated this time around, I decided to make two of the same card, one for each of them. I used this adorable Love Bird image from a stamp set by Janie's Originals, from Papercraft Inspirations magazine. My brother-in-law used to raise finches and parakeets, and they're both bird lovers so this was the perfect design for them. The background was stamped with assorted floral and leaf stamps, and with a handmade batik-style stamp that I made years ago with scrap rubber. the oval dies are by Kat Scrappiness, the tropical leaves cut from glitter cardstock are by Recollections, and the flower is tiny punch that I've had for ages.
Word Art Wednesday
Kat Scrappiness April challenge, flowers
Penny Black and More April challenge, AG with stamping
Virginia Lu's April Show and Share challenge: AG
Lost Coast Designs challenge, Spring has sprung
Time Out Challenge 159, garden or reading 
Stamplorations April theme and prompt challenge, flight

Creative Inspirations April challenge, showers and flowers
Catch the Bug sketch challenge 808. I switched the sketch from right to left
The Flower Challenge, springtime and flowers

8 comments:

  1. oh how lovely to have all these Anniversaries at such special times! And how pleased they will be to get these stunning cards. Love the soft background stamping and the birds are coloured perfectly to match this. And what love you added the texture of the twine. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely make, those lovebirds are adorable!!! They will love these! Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and colorful card. Love your background and the cute parrots. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! I like the vivid colors in the background and on the main image. The birds are so fun and I like the texture of the burlap strip. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet pair of lovebirds, Karen, so perfect for those special anniversaries! They're fabulous set alongside the sweet floral sprig, against the layered, tropical background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to stop by to see your adorable love birds (being a birdie addict! lol).
    This is so adorable, Karen. Hope you & yours are staying safe & healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all the anniversary couples!! Love this fun background that you stamped. I thought it was patterned paper!! Wonderful mix of colors and images. What a wonderful lovebird image...and so gorgeous the way you colored them with all those vivid hues!! Good for you for making two while you were at it. I am trying to do that, too. Use.More.Stuff. :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool background and the birds are so cute. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete