Pages

4/26/2020

Holiday Deer

I finally got myself to sit down at my craft table and do a little bit of stamping and card making today. As so many crafters have been reporting, I just haven't been able to focus well when it comes to being creative, and have spent more time organizing my supplies than actually using them. Well, that changed today and last night, when I worked on a few Christmas cards and a Mother's day design. Seeing the Rudolph Challenge got me to rummage through some holiday paper scraps, and I used a stamp from my stash to make this faux wood-slice ornament. I had some trouble making it look like wood, as the image lacked any grain lines, but I used Distress Ink in Antique Linen and dabbed it on here and then...then used a combination of alcohol marks and Distress markers.  The banner sentiment is from a set by Hampton Arts, and all I had to do was add some twine and a few gold glitter stars.
April Rudolph Days challenge, Christmas card
Word Art Wednesday
Penny Black and More April challenge, AG with stamping
CHN April PP challenge
CHNC challenge 487, Christmas 
Crimbo Crackers 209, old stash. The papers and stamp set are all several years old
Cardz TV challenge 113
Virginia's April Show and Share

8 comments:

  1. It really does look like wood! A great design.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Lynn said, the wood effect is so realistic, many thanks for joining in with our April theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Karen. Thank you for joining in Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

    Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job making this faux wood slice ornament. I had to look closely to see that is was not a real one!

    Wonderful card, Karen.

    Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever!!! It looks just like a wooden ornament!! Great job. Love the rich colors of the background paper that really let the natural wood color of your focal image take center stage. Fabulous!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - thanks for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete