Pages

4/27/2020

Mother's Day Rose

I bought several Distress Oxide ink pads a few months ago and hadn't even opened them up until this week. I made a few backgrounds, but as I looked them over I thought I would do some stamping and fussy cutting over it. I usually color my images with markers or watercolor pencils but thought I'd paper piece this time instead, just to mix it up. The rose stamp is by Stamplorations, and the sentiment is by Winnie and Walter.  I also die cut the leafy sprigs out of another Oxide background and used a die by Impression Obsession. My late father-in-law's wife loves flowers, so this one will go to her.

Virginia's April Show and Share: AG
 Word Art Wednesday
Double Trouble challenge 55 . I did Thing 1 (orange, green, flowers) and Thing 2
 Artsy Stamper challenge 14, springtime
Stamplorations Anything Goes challenge, I used a rose stamp by Stamplorations

 Hero Arts Stay Crafty challenge 6. I stamped on Distress Oxide backgrounds that I made, then fussy cut and layered
DL.Art's Thankful Thursday challenge 258, Mothers Day
Creative Inspirations April challenge, May flowers

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful floral on colorful die cut frames, looks lovely against the embossed background, pretty colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Dare and ArtsyStamper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card, Karen!!! I love how the distress oxide backgrounds turned into a rose and leaves! Nothing like stretching you boundaries and trying new things!!! The embossed background really sets off your central floral theme!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a thoughtful gift for your family member, Karen! The image is colored beautifully and the setting you created for the flower is perfect. Thank you for playing along with us Double Trouble #55.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, Karen!! Hooray for playing with your DOs!! Love the look of your rose and foliage stamped and fussy cut from the wonderful backgrounds you made. The gorgeous colors against the white embossed background really standout. The layered label diecuts frame the image and sentiment perfectly. Your dear relative will really love this card!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. The rose is gorgeous! Thank you for joining in the fun at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you framed the floral and sentiment like you did! Very pretty. Thank you for sharing it with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete