Pages

1/15/2021

Blast Off!

 I offered to make and donate some kids cards, and took the opportunity to ink up a few stamps that I had never used. The rocket ship image was probably at least 8 years old..eek! I didn't have any papers that could be used as a galaxy background so I made my own, whimsical one. Stamps by Club Scrap, Anita's, and a wood mounted one by a company called Stampland, were inked with Brilliance white pigment ink. I heat embossed the sentiment (Lawn Fawn), and stamped the earth. The rocket ship is by Sweet Stamp Shop and was colored with alcohol markers and silver Sharpie. This scene allowed me to use a lot of little snippets from my stash. Even the sentiment is a separate strip that was cut and edged with white pigment ink to make it stand out against that background.

Right after I made 4 of these backgrounds, I realized that my old 2020 wall calendar is filled with galaxy backgrounds so I didn't even have to do this! Oh well, now I know where to go for my next outer space cards.

Pixie's Snippets challenge 394. I used snippets for the sentiment strip, rocket ship and flames, and earth 

Lost Coast Designs 113, something starting with a B, blast off and blue


 Creative Fingers 199

DL.ART January linky 
Cardz TV challenge 132 

 

5 comments:

  1. Cool card. Love the little rocket and swirly background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! The background is lovely and fitting. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
    DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your stellar background! Fab card
    Jane
    Guest Designer at the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to get over here to comment on this fabulous card, Karen!! I love anything night sky and space related....so this one caught my eye immediately when my email notification popped up. What a creative way to do your background! Turned out just awesome. Love the rocket ship, too. Such a fun card!!! Some young astronaut is going to really enjoy receiving this.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant Karen - and your background is wonderland, better than any pre-printed one I promise you! Lovely card and such fun.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete