Pages

1/17/2021

Happiest Birthday

 I won a set of slimline dies from Kat Scrappiness recently, but hadn't used them on a card yet. So, tonight I pulled them out and made this birthday cupcake design. The cupcake dies are by Paper Smooches, and the paper is a combination of scraps by DCWV and old brochure paper that I hoarded. The sentiment is by MFT, and I inked the card base edges to frame the main design. Thanks to my blog friend, Janis, for motivating me to make this slimline sketch card, inspired by the MFT sketch challenge.

Double D 5th Anniversary challenge. I was inspired by the cupcake and sprinkles mood board.

 MFT Sketch challenge WSC524

CHN January PP challenge

Cardz TV challenge 132 
 DL.Art January Linky

 

 


7 comments:

  1. Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love the slimline layout and the colourful cupcakes, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect slimline birthday card and the cupcakes look yummy! OMG I just LOVE these Disney themed cupcakes! What a fun & fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘CUPCAKES’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is super cute! I didn't know that there were slimline dies, gonna have to go shopping!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for using a new prize! Mine seem to have to "ripen" in my stash for awhile before I can let myself use them. I am mentally ill!! lol...
    What a cute cupcake card....fun colors and looks delicious. I am really liking the texture on the icing from the cardstock. Great effect. I also love that you used the MFT sketch!! YAY!! Keeping my fingers crossed for one of us to win!! Of course that means I have to finish my card, too. Ha.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's better than one cupcake? THREE cupcakes! This is a yummy and festive slimline card, Karen! Well done using your new dies! I'd love to have you share with everyone at NBUS, if you like! Take care and keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card! Loving your cupcake card! Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete