Pages

2/28/2022

Butterfly Birthday

 The Butterfly Spot challenge always offers an option of a fancy fold, but I am very often intimidated by going outside my comfort zone when it comes to card folds. However, this time around, the Book Binding fold looked simple enough for me to try, so I jumped right in. I used papers from a free magazine gift, and an image by Bo Bunny. The stamped sentiment is by Simon says Stamp. Another option of this challenge is to include a braided element, which I did with braided jute. The butterfly is colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and is fussy cut. I tweaked the dimensions of the card to fit into a 5x7 envelope that I have, as square cards require extra postage in the US.

A Passion for Markers challenge 629, Things with Wings

Butterfly Challenge 167, B is for Braid, the colors Buff, Banana and Bougainvilla, and the Book Binding Fold. I also included a butterfly, of course.

Word Art Wednesday 

Allsorts challenge 665, handcolored

Double Trouble challenge 104, I did Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3  

Creative Creases challenge 26, use a fun fold. I used the book binding fold.

10 comments:

  1. Your choice of papers work perfectly with that pretty butterfly stamp, Karen...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect in every way. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours and lovely focal Butterfly Karen, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card karen - love the combo of the script papers and the butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your fancy fold card, Karen! I like the braided jute addition! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble for our "Hoodie Hoo" spring themed challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you did a book binding fun fold, it is a simple fun fold and one of my favorites. You did a great job on the layout and such a beautiful butterfly. Like the paper behind the frame with the words and small butterflies... very pretty fun fold and so glad you did Twisted Sister's optional fun fold... there are a number of other simple fun folds for you to get in your comfort zone for fun folds... hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Karen, you jumped into fun folds with a beautiful card! I really love the book binding fold and need to try it again. Your butterfly is beautiful - great coloring! That braid is a fun touch as well. Thank you for playing in Double Trouble as well as my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  9. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ this purple butterfly! What a fabulous spring card! Thanks for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge. Cheers, Crazy Cousin Makira

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty combination of pattern and color, Karen! The Book Binding fold is a perfect way to display that gorgeous butterfly. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #104.

    ReplyDelete