Pages

5/29/2022

Jubilee Celebration

 Even though I don't live in the UK, it's pretty hard to have missed that this year marks Queen Elizabeth's 70th year on the throne, which is impressive in so many ways. Most people can barely wait to retire at 65 these days, and that only comes out to be about 45 years of full employment. Seventy years just boggles the mind. As Pixie's Snippets challenge has decided to combine their usual challenge with the Platinum Jubilee celebration   (complete with two chances for a prize and promises of cocktails and sweets by Sarn and Di) I had to rush into my craft room to put this snippets card together. One of my early craft prizes happened to be a paper collection by Ruby Rock-It (The Vintedge collection). As I've never been to England, I couldn't quite figure out how to use this for scrapbooking, and so this paper kit has been in my stash for 10 years. It's about time I used it, right? I used papers and an image of Big Ben from the paper collection, along with a sentiment by Spellbinders. The banner across the top is a stamp by My Minds Eye, which I stamped in both navy and cranberry, then fussy cut and layered for a two color effect. A silver crown sticker and some rhinestones are added in honor of the Jubilee. Funny story to go along with this is that I knew I had this paper somewhere in the garage, but wasn't sure where. So, last night, when my husband was already asleep, I opened the garage door to pull his car out in order to access a large cabinet along the side wall, which is blocked by his car. There I stood, in my slippers and robe, before I decided to wait until morning to rummage around. My husband startled me when he suddenly appeared in the doorway, having heard the garage door open. He thought we had been burglarized!  

Pixie's Snippets Challenge #429. Lots of snippets from the paper pack and solid card stock for sentiment strip, mats, and that pesky banner!

SSS Wednesday challenge, AG

DL Art May linky 

Stay Crafty With Hero Arts, use scraps

Allsorts Challenge #678, anything but a birthday 

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is a SUPER card in patriotic colours Karen. Love your bunting and the crown embellishment.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Meet me up in the Treehouse later for free cocktail testing! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous Jubilee card! (And got a chuckle about your story) Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen - this is stunning! I think we need to make you an honorary Brit! You captured the feel of the whole Jubilee event so perfectly - spot on! And Big Ben is of course so iconic.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete