Pages

2/05/2019

About Me

I don't know about you, but when I read a blog I always like to know a little bit about the blogger. It makes seeing the projects more interesting, and I'm nosy anyway. Can't figure out how to add anything to the About Me profile, so I'll just put this at the beginning of my blog and be done with it.
I'm a life-long Californian who grew up in Southern California and then moved to northern California after college. My husband and I ran a business for 25 years and are now retired. That is, I'm retired...but he teaches psychology at the community college part time. We have three grandchildren and one grand-dog (who now lives with us). I love stamping, paper crafting, scrapbooking (in theory, although not so much in practice), and entering challenges keeps me motivated to create. It also inspires me to pull out some of those craft supplies and use them instead of just hoard them.
Most of my projects are posted on Flickr, but the changes in Flickr made me finally jump into blogland and start my own blog. One of these days I'll figure out how to pretty up this basic, economy-style format, but for now it's a start.
In addition to making cards, I love to read, watch mystery suspense shows and movies, and attempt to organize my craft supplies. My craft room doubles as the guest room and is nothing like those big, light-filled craft rooms that you see online (filled with coordinated furniture and beautiful samples). Rather, my room is basically a mine-field of stacked papers and bins, scattered ink pads and stamp sets, and a hodge podge of products piled on the table and floor. My Big Shot is perched on a large Rubbermaid tote on the floor. That means I do all of my die-cutting on the floor..which led to a terrible bout of sciatica in 2018...sigh. It was totally worth it though..ha!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I think you put the description of my craft area in there instead of yours! lol! You might try a rolling cart (Michaels now makes one similar to the Ikea one so you can watch for a sale and get it much cheaper. I put a wooden chopping block on top and my Big Shot fits on top and I can roll it over when I need it and push it away when I don't. I'm just like you on the scrapbooking... love it, but only have a few pages (not even a full book!) done. So many crafts so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bio, Karen!! Well, at least your craftroom gets cleaned up when you have a guest. My craftroom is a total disaster....ALL the time! Ha. It is just a lot more fun for me to craft than to clean and organize.....and I have to strike when the iron is hot or I might forget what I was going to make!! It's a good thing my desk has extendable wings that I can pull out to craft on, because every square inch of the regular top is covered!! And let's not even talk abt the floor!!! Eeek.
    I am loving your blog and hope you will continue to add more fun projects and chatty posts.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete