Pages

8/09/2019

Busy Bee

I used to do cross-stitch, until my eyesight wouldn't allow it anymore, so I have a LOT of aida cloth in my craft stash. What better way to use it than to add texture to paper craft projects, right? I used an old wood mounted stamp by Anita's stamps, and a computer generated sentiment on vellum The textured base was made by rubbing a Distress Ink pad direct-to-paper, and the bee is by Rubber Stampede.
MAWTT challenge 103, bees
Word Art Wednesday
 Creative Inspirations, something seasonal
 Virginia's Show and Share challenge, AG
Through the Craftroom Door, AG 
DL.Art August linky
 Stamplorations summer theme and sketch, AG
 Cardz TV 95
Craft Stamper august challenge, AG with stamping
The Artistic Stamper August challenge, AG
Lost Coast Designs challenge, AG

11 comments:

  1. What an inspirational way to use up your aida cloth stash. It adds fabulous texture and dimension to this fab card.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    what a very lovely creation and it's perfect for our challenge.
    Such lovely stamping and textures you have created.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful and is perfect for our challenge at MAWTT , xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great design Karen and perfect for my 'Bee Challenge' at MAWTT

    Good luck with your entry

    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layers on your card - especially love the honeycomb. Cute sentiment as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, it's very creative and I love the papers and stamps you have used. Thanks for taking the time to enter our challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this FABULOUS bee card, Karen!! Oh, my....you did such an awesome job with this arty mixed media look. What a great way to use old Aida cloth....I have a BUNCH of it, too!! Love the homey look of your stitching along the margins. Super idea to do direct inking to really make that texture on the cardstock stand out. I need to remember to try this. Love everything about this amazing card. It is a fave, for sure!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations for our seasonal challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful idea to use the Aida. A lovely card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I have lots of little pieces of aida and I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete