Pages

8/01/2019

Trendy Garden

My daughter has been having trouble linking her Flickr account posts to a few challenges so I suggested that she use my blog to link to the challenge she had trouble with . So here is her card and description.

"I've been making a lot of Christmas cards this summer and then realized that I didn't have a single card to give my friend when her birthday came around. So I pulled out a baggie of punched flower shapes that I had made our of random card stock scraps, and layered them to make these embellishments. The flowers weren't standing out enough against the bold stripes so I die cut a few circles from black card stock to add an extra layer. Popped them up on foam tape and added a stamped sentiment by Altenew."
 Pixie's Crafty Playground challenge 357




4 comments:

  1. What a great Idea to add the black circles to just some of the flowers which I think makes them stand out even more than doing all of them. Such pretty colours too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In karen,
    In answer to your query on the butterfly challenge, Jadmine is a lovely creamy yellow a bit like buttermilk. Hope this helps. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sachi.....glad to see you taking advantage of your mom's blog!! Flickr and my computer don't always play well together and it is much easier for me to visit and comment on projects that are on blogs.

    Love this perky floral card. Yay for using scraps in such a pretty way. Genius idea to put black circles under some of the flowers. I would have never thought to do that with black....but it adds some fabulously bold and dramatic contrast and is just right with your design. Great work!!

    Hope you will take over the blog more often!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I found my way to Flickr from the link and also commented there :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete