Pages

8/27/2019

Peace and Joy

I work on Christmas cards all through the year and donate the majority of them to nursing homes and a women's shelter. The problem with donating so many cards is that I sometimes find myself in December without enough cards to send out myself!
I used a stamp and sentiment from my stash and tag die by Neat and Tangled on this card. Even used a little washi tape along the bottom of the tag. The embossed lines on the strip of red card stock were made on my scoring board. This is quick and easy card that would be great for multiples.
CHNC challenge 452
Crafty Hazelnut's August PP challenge
Creative Inspirations August challenge, seasons. I went with winter and Christmas
Crimbo Crackers 191
DL.Art August linky
ABC Christmas challenge, R is for Reindeer
Papercraft challenge 44, stripes
Tuesday Throwdown, stripes. I used embossed stripes on the red strip and striped washi tape

7 comments:

  1. Very vibrant card Karen. That washi tape grounds the stag perfectly. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to donate your cards to nursing homes. Do the residents use them or the workers there?
    Your card is very lovely and elegant!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Festive and cheery!! I never think to do simple embossed lines on plain cardstock....I don't know if I EVER have done it on a card, except perhaps for an old MFP Challenge, but I am not sure. It adds a lovely subtle touch of texture and elegance without drawing the eye away too much from your wonderful patterned reindeer. The star was the perfect tasteful embellishment for this delightful card.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and so nice from you to give your cards to nursing homes ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Papercraft Challenges.

    ReplyDelete