Pages

8/15/2019

Butterfly Joy fold

The Butterfly Spot challenge this month includes the Joy Fold as one option, and I was determined to give this a try. I've done a fold in the past that was called a Joy Fold, but it looked different from this one. Thanks to a wonderful tutorial on the blog, complete with measurements in inches (yay!), I was able to put this together tonight. The paper is by K&Co, and the butterfly is by Tim Holtz. I added some paper lace and a bit of jute for texture. The inside of the card is stamped with "Thinking of You". This came together so easily that I might add it to my card repertoire! I didn't add too much to this card because of all the patterned paper, and because it was enough just for me to keep all the folds straight, ha!
Butterfly Spot challenge 126, J is for Joy Fold, jade, jasmine,juicy orange, jewels and  jute. I used the second option of theme and color, and the third option of Joy Fold and butterfly. Oh my goodness, I just realized that I even completed all of the options when I added jewels!
DL.ARt August linky
Cardz TV challenge 96
Crafty Hazelnut's August PP challenge
Creative Inspirations Aukgust challenge, seasons. I chose Spring, when the garden is filled with butterflies

4 comments:

  1. So pleased to see you have tried a joy fold card and you have used all the elements. I love that big butterfly. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. the joy fold card. I love it.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Anything Goes AUGUST 2019
    Monthly Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you certainly brought joy to me just looking at this beautiful creation! I don't think it would be a joy for me to try this one out, but I am super-impressed that you did. Love that you kept it simple with the patterned paper and the wonderful butterfly focal image. The paper lace and jute finish it off with just the right amount of flair and texture without stealing the show.
    Congratulations on winning the top butterfly prize for using all 7 elements on this card!! Yay!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty! Thank you for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete