Pages

4/07/2021

Bass Fishing Birthday Card

 I have quite a few outdoor themed stamps but don't use them as often as I should. My brother in law loves to fish, so I made this for him. I also made several others to have on hand, and to donate. The image is an old wood mounted stamp by Inkadinkado that must be over 15 years old. I looked up the proper coloration of the bass online, and approximated it with alcohol markers. My first attempt was a throw away, as I tried to water color the background and made a mess of it.  The circle dies are by Nellie's Choice and the banner flag dies are LDRS. This card was a great way to use up all those little bits and scraps of kraft card stock that I had piling up on my desk.

Pixie's Snippets challenge 400. I used several different snippets of kraft card stock, and stamped my fish image on a scrap of white card that was left over from another card. I use snippets so often that I don't even know how to use a whole sheet of paper anymore! 

MFT Sketch challenge 536. I flipped the sketch on its side for a different look.

SSS Wednesday challenge, birthday 

DL.Art's April linky

SSS Monday challenge, layers 

Word Art Wednesday 485-486

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic take on the MFT sketch. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great card Karen! So masculine and also almost alive!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete