Pages

4/25/2021

Watercolor floral birthday

As I went through some old boxes in my garage a few weeks ago, I came across a wooden artist supply case that I have had since high school. I put it aside, and finally looked inside to see what I had kept over the years. To my delight, I found an assortment of paintbrushes, some pastels, and a small box of tiny watercolor paint tubes that had never been opened. Thinking that they were probably dried out, I opened them up the other night and found they are all in perfect condition! The best part though, is that the price tag was still on the box...$1.98. That made it even better! 

So, of course, I had to pull out some rough textured watercolor paper and make a nice, crafty mess. I swept paint across and then splattered, with no real plan. I ended up with five different bases, in different sizes and colors. This morning, as I looked at this one, a slimline card was the obvious choice.

My floral image is by Gina K. Designs, from the I Admire You set, and the die cut sentiment is by Impression Obsession. I added a strip of inked, patterned paper along the bottom and then tied some jute and twine.  The card base is inked with two different shades of color to coordinate with the florals. This will make a great spring time birthday card for family or friends.

Gina K April challenge. Use Gina K stamps and a die cut sentiment.

SSS Monday challenge, bright cheerful colors

We Love Chocolate Baroque April challenge, stamped springtime

 DL.Art's April linky

Double Trouble challenge 82, flowers. I did Thing 1 

MFT April slimline challenge, spring

Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #22, birthday cards 



5 comments:

  1. What a great find Karen and a lovely creation putting it to use, many thanks for joining in with our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely image and a great background, lovely colours too. Thank you for joining our 'Springtime ' challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun surprise for you to come across the box of art supplies! What an incredible deal it was back then! That floral image is beautiful. Glad you shared your card with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty slimline card, Karen! The yellow background is a perfect foil for the carnations! Thank you for sharing them with us at Double Trouble for our "flowers" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty floral on your slimline... thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete