Pages

11/13/2021

Birthday Tea

I was introduced to rubber stamping way back in the early 1990's and the first time I ever heat embossed an image was at a D.O.T.S. stamping party at our local YMCA. Wow, it was like magic to see that powder melt into shimmer and shine! The demonstrator had us stamp and heat emboss tea cups and tea packet images, but they were left uncolored, as we never got past the heat embossing. That image sat in my stash for nearly 30 years and it was time for me to toss it or color it. The fussy, outdated style didn't inspire me one bit (which is why it sat so long) but I decided to color it in a bright green and use an ink smooshed background to give it a more modern look. 

The sentiment is by Taylored Expressions, and the cup and tea bag are fussy cut and water colored. Thank goodness this is finally colored and on a card, and I don't have to look at it every five years when I reorganize my craft supplies, ha!

2021 Fall and Winter Coffee Lovers Hop
Word Art Wednesday 517-518

DL.Art's November linky

Double Trouble challenge 97, Deja Brew. I did Thing 1 and Thing 2 

Ally's Angels challenge 52, AG

10 comments:

  1. Glad you found your vintage cup in your stash, worth coloring and making a card and love the background you gave your cup... very pretty. Thanks again for sharing with us at Double Trouble's DeJa-Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Love the embossing on it. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a long time to hold onto a image! It served its purpose well for your card - love the vintage plus modern approach. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. L*O*V*E that awesome, gorgeous cup. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I remember the first time I saw embossing powder work its magic. It was definitely an eye catcher. [Bunny]
    <a href="http://

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old stamps are making a comeback, Karen! You are right on trend! Good call on dusting it off and giving it some colour! Beautiful card, and the gold embossing is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well after 30 years I think you found the perfect use for the tea cup image! Looks great with the blue water colored smooshed background. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card! Great vintage style cup!

    Theresa
    Theresa's Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool watercolored background and I love that pretty green mug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recognized that teacup as a DOTS stamp immediately. I first was introduced to DOTS in 1991. Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete