Pages

8/23/2022

Birthday Blessings

 I was given some beautiful fairy stamps by Lavinia awhile back and finally pulled them out to ink up. I stamped this fairy scene on a Distress Oxide background, which I die cut with a Spellbinders oval die. The die cut leaves are by Impression Obsession and the embossing folder is by Sizzix. I also added a sentiment by Taylored Expressions and layers of card and vellum.

The bit of Oxide background that I had was so small that I barely fit the fairy scene on it, and used every bit of scrap that I had left. Same thing with the die cut leaves. This is a card that made great use of snippets from my stash.

Here are some of the snippets that I used to make my card. As you can see, I use my scraps to the very end! The embossed bit will be turned into a tag at a later date.

Pixie's Snippets challenge 435. I used lots of snippets from my stash, including left overs from previous cards.

Lost Coast Designs challenge 150, stamped silhouette  

DL.Art's August linky

SSS Monday, mixed media 

We Love Stamping August challenge, stamped garden

Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge, AG with embossing folder 

8 comments:

  1. The little fairy looks great on the embossed background. I like your card!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a delightful fairy card with your snippets. Thanks for sharing a picture of them - it helps show others what can be done!

    Thanks for bringing this lovely piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. The paddling pool is back in place at the bottom of the slide as it's a very hot and humid day here! Have fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Karen ... this is gorgeous! That embossed background is amazing and I love your overall design! Well done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle the Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very delicate creation using the Lavinia Fairy Karen, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping August challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - fabulous Karen - you little hoarder! Still so happy you won a prize in snippets - on my desk ready to package and post.

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the silhouet challenge at Lostcoastdesigns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete