Pages

8/07/2022

Praying for You

I needed an encouragement card for someone who is going through chemo-therapy and so inked up this stamp and die set that was given to me some years ago. As the recipient has a very strong faith, it was perfect to use on her card. This was also the motivation to pull out some ancient adhesive fabric by Craftfabric, that has butterfly and floral images on it in sage green and sand. I cut the butterfly out of the fabric, and popped it on a die by Spellbinders, layered with a circle cut from the same fabric. The rear panel colors and design stood out too much, so I adhered a rectangle of thin vellum as an overlay. The patterned paper on the side and bottom panels are by K&Co (also ancient), and the card fold is the Spanner fold from Mrs. A's butterfly spot challenge. I added a stamped, stripe border by Waffle Flower along the bottom as well. The spanner card fold is called that because the bar along the bottom spans the two strips along the sides.

Working with these colors really challenged me because they are not my usual go-to color combo. However, as I had sent some of this adhesive fabric to my blog friend, Janis, of Her Peaceful Garden, (https://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/ ) some years back..and she used it for the current Butterfly Challenge, I was determined to make a version using the same fabric pattern. Thank you Janis, for reminding me that I had this in my supply stash, and motivating me to actually put it to use for a change.

Butterfly Challenge 171. I used the colors sage and sand, the theme of Stripes, the Spanner fold, and my butterfly

DL.Art's August linky
Double Trouble challenge 117 . I did Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3 
 Creative Creases challenge # 38, fun fold

 

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful card, Karen. Your friend will really be touched by it.
    I love that you made a "twin" card with the same patterned adhesive fabric that you sent me. It looks wonderful with the vellum overlay and the butterfly that you fussy cut. Gorgeous card!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so special, Karen! Your recipient will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #117.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - I love spanner cards. I'm sure your friend will appreciate receiving this. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Karen! Your spanner-fold encouragement card is beautiful and will be sure to lift your friend's spirits at this difficult time. Adhesive fabric? I've never seen this before, what a great idea! The butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see that your spanner caard has gone as an encouragment card for your friend. It looks lovely. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chemotherapy road is a hard one and a strong faith helps with the bumps along the way. Your card will also brighten your recipient's day. Thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful soothing faded colors are excellent for your encouragement card and the butterfly is a beautiful add to your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, the vellum gives your card such a caring and soft feel, thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful spanner card! I just love the subtle colors and the butterfly! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete