Pages

3/14/2022

Butterfly Wishes

Here is another card that I made , using the book-binding fold that was featured on the Butterfly Challenge #167. Unlike many fancy folds, this one was easy enough for me to handle, and especially appealing as I love reading. Whether a real book, or a book-binding card, I'm all in. I used some very old patterned paper from my stash, and die cut the flower cone with a die by Hero Arts. The flowers are cut with a Sizzix die, and the leaf dies and sentiment are by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used a butterfly die by Jen Hadfield. The braid along the side was made by inking thin paper and braiding it, then adhering to the side panel. I stamped some plain card stock with a text background by Impression Obsession to give the look of newsprint. This card was a real challenge because it uses colors that I rarely use, and have a hard time working with. However, that's what a challenge is all about, isn't it?  This card will be sent to my elderly aunt in a nursing home, who loves flowers.

Butterfly challenge 167. I used the colors of banana, bougainvilla and buff, and the elements of book binding fold and braid.

DL.Art March linky

Word Art Wednesday 533-534 

SSS Wednesday challenge, use a bit of green 

Die Cut Divas March challenge, die and birthday

Creative Creases challenge 27, use a fun fold 

Allsorts challenge 667, springtime

SSS Monday, feminine

Ally's Angels challenge 56, AG 

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Karen! This was a fold I was able to accomplish as well but you even added the braid, way to go! Gorgeous card! Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. I am remembering Toby and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kitty. We're slowly getting used to him being gone, but it still catches me unaware at times. Crafting really helps.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, and your Aunt will treasure it! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the book binding fold, and the pretty flowers and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card and a pretty fold, thanks for sharing another with us at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the braid element that you have used here. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great fold and such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I really love this fold and haven't done one in a while. I appreciate the reminder. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 💌m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of beautiful work. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete