Pages

3/04/2022

Dreams

 I watched a Youtube video the other day by Kathy Clement,  Kathy by Design  who showed the way she used up bits and pieces of a paper collection she had left over. It inspired me to pull out a very old collection of die cuts and elements by K&Co that I've had for at least 10 years. As the die cuts did not have coordinating paper, I was never sure how to use them, but Kathy's video gave me the motivation to just go for it, and I pulled out papers from my stash that were similar in color. This one uses embossed paper by K&Co in a lavender tone that closely matched the embellishments. I added a white doily, white paper flower, white twine, and a small lilac brad.  The reverse side of that green floral print was a purple that closely matched the background, so I die cut a flower shape from it (Spellbinders floral die) and popped it on the white paper flower. Then I covered the hole with the label shape...and you would never know! As all the card supplies are very old stash, it felt good to finally use them. Off to make more of these.

Word Art Wednesday 533-534
DL.Art March linky 

Double Trouble challenge 104, I did Thing 1, make a spring themed project

2 comments:

  1. How pretty, love the color and particularly how you used all the cuts for your focal point and flower. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble's Hoodie-Hoo Spring theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, isn't making spring cards kind of cathartic as we ease out of winter? Love how you used your scraps to create this beautiful floral card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Double Trouble for our "Hoodie Hoo" spring themed challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete