Pages

3/08/2022

Lucky Day Frame Pull Pop Up card

 I got this Frame Pull Pop up die by Karen Burniston last year as a prize and finally pulled it out to give it a try. Although the die comes with written instructions, I'm all thumbs with fancy and interactive folds.  Fortunately, Karen Burniston has excellent step-by-step videos to follow.  I made a 4x4 inch card base out of white card stock, and used patterned paper and scraps for the embellishments. The little envelope and larger heart die are by The Cats Pajamas, and the embossed frame on the front is part of the Karen Burniston set. I cut two small additional hearts with a Paper Smooches die, and used a banner sentiment stamp by Penny Black. When you pull the tab down, the frame pops up and shows the inside, which is decorated with a stamped and die cut rainbow and cloud by Hero Arts and sentiment by Unity Stamp Co. An additional tiny heart die by Spellbinders was added as well. Although it took some time figuring out the mechanism at first, this set is one that can be used for just about any occasion, just by changing the way you decorate it.

Continuing with my love of using packaging for die cuts, the gold hearts are cut from a gift box.

and here is the inside, after you pull the tab down.

Although you can't see it very well in the photo, I cut my frame pieces for the inside by using strips of card stock, and mitering the corners to fit. I had to do this as my square die was a little bit too large. Snippets to the rescue again!

 Snippets Challenge 423, Ruby's Memory. I have used a number of products from different stamp and die companies on this one, and dug deep into my snippets stash as well. The two different patterned papers (for the card base and envelope) are scraps that are over 10 years old. The shiny gold hearts are cut from old gift packaging, and the frame and all stamped images made use of small, random bits in my scrap pile. Even my frame on the inside was made by mitering small strips of snippets from my stash

Colorful Options March challenge, use green 

SSS Monday challenge, use green

DL. Art March linky 

Word Art Wednesday 533-534

Creative Creases challenge 27. I used a frame pop up, interactive card design  

Double Trouble challenge 105, I did Thing 1 (green) and Thing 2 (enter at Heart2Heart)

Heart2Heart Challenge, Going Green 

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a neat card design! So cute! Love the shiny gold hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I tend to stay away from interactive or fancy fold cards because it's a steep learning curve for me, but the Youtube video gave a lot of great tips that helped immensely. Yay for Youtube! As a big fan of using packaging for die cuts, that shiny gold gift box card board was too pretty to throw away. So perfect for the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - terrific interactive card. Well worth the effort. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarn. Once I got the hang of it, it was fun to make.

      Delete
  4. What a fun & fabulous creation Karen! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great interactive card for St. Patty's Day. Thank you for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fun fold card you created and the rainbow and sentiment on the inside. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, interactive cards are always a big hit! I love the rainbow in shades of green. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Karen, I love interactive cards and may have to try one after seeing yours. Your details are wonderful. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is adorable! Love the fun fold to reveal the rainbow. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWW... Such a sweet card! 💚 the use of the envelope and it full of gold. Thank you for playing along at the Colorful Options Challenge! I hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant pop-up card Karen! Very clever indeed and so perfectly designed and made. I really love it - and the rainbow and sentiment are so lovely.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an awesome make! So creative and fun! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tend to shy away from complicated constructions but you've done a super job with this one and used up lots of snippets too - result!

    ReplyDelete